Friday, 10 February 2012

Posts that I planned to post but never got round to - Part 3

Choco-Nanas

My kids go through fruit phases, one week I can't buy enough apples, the next it'll be oranges, but bananas get overlooked quite often and start to look a little sad in the fruit bowl.
I know you can freeze bananas to use up later, but on a recent freezer cleaning blitz I found about 10.
 How many frozen bananas does one girl need?

So here's an alternative use.

Make a slit through the bananas skin and abou halfway into the fruit.
Place chocolate squares into the gap.

Choco-nanas

Wrap in foil and place in the oven at 180 degrees C. for 25 minutes.

Choco-nanas

Unwrap and serve with ice-cream, and scoop out the gooey chocolatey-banana-ry yumminess.

Choco-nanas

3 comments:

Sophie - Country girl said...

mmmm these look great. I've never frozen fruit before, but adding choccy sounds amazing...

Annika said...

I am glad you put this idea out in the open. I believe I needed it in my life!

Jessica Ann said...

That looks so great! I always make banana bread, but as you say, there is only so much that anybody can eat!